1. League of Legends Error Code 9s fix
At the time of writing, it isn’t entirely clear what causes the League of Legends Error Code 9s issue. As a result, nailing down an exact fix is difficult but there are reports online that a few methods can yield success.
(In case you were wondering, 9s isn’t a reference to the NieR: Automata character.)
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS ERROR CODE 9S FIX
The following troubleshooting steps have been used to fix LoL Error Code 9s:
1. Close League of Legends completely.
2. Re-open the game to see if the error message reoccurs.
3. No luck? Check the LoL Service Status page.
4. If there are no known issues, try playing with a VPN.
5. If using a VPN doesn’t solve Error Code 9s, contact Riot Support.
For some players, the fix is as quick and painless as simply resetting the game. Others believe that it’s some kind of IP address issue, as multiple accounts won’t work until a VPN is enabled. Until the actual cause is known the issue will remain up for debate, though when your options are exhausted and you’ve checked that there are no current service issues then Riot Games‘ support team should be able to help.
Although it’s frustrating not to know the root cause, hopefully, the Error Code 9s bug has now been squashed and you can get back to enjoying League of Legends.
If you’ve ever wanted to play the popular MOBA on mobile or consoles, then definitely check out League of Legends: Wild Rift